Show period: (Saturday) 27 October 2018 until (Tuesday) 5 February 2019
Garden lighting time: 16.30 – 21.00 (Saturday, Sunday) And public holidays, power on until 21.30）
Admission fees: is 900 yen for adults and 500 yen for children.
Closed: (Monday) 31 December 2018
Enter the website: Ashikaga Flower Park
Ashikaga Flower Fantasy located at 607 Hasama-cho, Ashikaga city, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan. In the Kanto region area, there are 3 famous illuminations. One of illuminations is Flower Fantasy. Ashikaga Flower Park is a flower garden that famous with wisteria flowers in spring. In the 17th annual exhibition, it was chosen by the landscape organization as one of the best lighting events in Japan.
The illuminations show will use more than 4.5 million lights for garden. They’re use LED lamps to save electricity and protect the environment. The territory of the park is 94,000 square meters. At the first time, they’re used this garden only 72 square meters to decorate the lighting. In this garden you will see bloom planted tree during spring and during winter you can watch the story of wisteria flowers with lighting.
How to get there:
- Start at Tokyo Station take the Shikansen train to Oyama Station (42 minutes), then take the JR Ryomo Line to Tomita Station (32 minutes) and walk for about 15 minutes (suitable for those holding the JR Pass, JR East Pass, and TOKYO Wide Pass)
- Start at Tobu Asakusa Station. Take the Limited Express Tobu Ryomo Line train at Ashikagashi Station (75 minutes) and continue by taking the bus at the park 300 yen.
By car: (Time shown in parentheses is measured during normal traffic)
From the Tohoku Express Way
- From Sano Fujioka IC, via National Route 50 towards Maebashi, Ashikaga (about 18 minutes)
From the Kita-Kanto Express Way
- From Ota Kiryu IC, via National Route 122 and National Route 50, towards Ashikaga, Oyama (about 20 minutes)
- From Ashikaga IC, via National Route 293, take Prefecture Road 67 towards Sano (about 15 minutes)
- From Sano Tanuma IC, via Prefecture Road 16 and 67 towards Ashikaga (about 12 minutes)