Asia is Earth’s largest and most populous continent, located primarily in the Eastern and Northern Hemispheres. It shares the continental landmass of Eurasia with the continent of Europe and the continental landmass of Afro-Eurasia with both Europe and Africa.
Physical characteristics of Asia, location, size, and territory with the following territories:
- The north is connected to the Kara Sea, the Laptiv Sea and the East Siberian Sea in the Arctic Ocean.
- The East is connected to the Bering Sea. Okhotsk Sea, Japan Sea, Yellow Sea, East China Sea South China Sea and the Pacific Ocean
- to the south , the Gulf of Bengal, the Arabian Sea, Persian Gulf. And the Gulf of Aden in the Indian Ocean
- west, connected to the Red Sea, Suez Canal, the Mediterranean Sea The Caucasus Mountains, Caspian Sea.
Topography is divided into 6 zones as follows:
- Northern low plain Very cold Cannot be cultivated, therefore has a small population.
- River basin Is a fertile plains suitable for cultivation The population is crowded.
- High mountain range In the new Rocky Mountains, aged 30-40 million years old.
- Plateau region central central continent Between the new rocky mountains Occurred about 40 million years.
- Southern and Southwest Plateau Is a large plateau But not as high as the central plateau of the continent.
- Most islands are volcanic islands.
Climate – factors that influence climate include:
- Most locations are in the northern hemisphere and therefore have all kinds of climates.
- Near-far sea Part near the sea The weather is not intense. But if far from the sea The weather is intense.
- Low height of the area To have a different climate despite the same latitude.
- The prevailing winds are seasonal winds.
Climate zones can be classified into 11 zones which are:
- Climate like a tropical rainforest High temperature all year round There is not much difference in temperature between day and night. It rains all year round.
- Tropical monsoon climate areas There is a dry and rainy season alternately. There is a high amount of rain in the wind. And little rain at the wind end
- Tropical climates such as tropical meadows or savannahs The night will be cooler than the daytime.
- Semi-desert grassy climate zone The weather is very different.
- Desert climate zone Day and night there are many temperature differences. There is little drought and rain.
- Warm and humid climate zone Rainy in summer The weather is quite cold in winter.
- Mediterranean climate Summer is hot and dry. During the rainy season it will rain
- Continental humid climate zone There is a difference in temperature.
- Climate Semi-polar or Taiga Long winter and extremely cold weather
- Tundra climate zone Winter is long and frosty, there is no hot season.
- High climatic zones The temperature and the amount of oxygen will decrease as the height.
Natural resources – Asian minerals are rich in minerals including Coal, iron, Tin, Petroleum. Soil in arid areas, in cold climates and in the tropics The soil is not suitable for agriculture.
There are 3 largest water sources in Asia are contact areas:
- Arctic Ocean is ice area
- Indian Ocean is a transportation route and a fishery source
- Pacific Ocean is a transportation route and a fishery source
Most forests are softwood and can be classified as follows:
- Taiga Forest is a pine forest in the cold region. Is a source of softwood
- Deciduous forest in the temperate zone Is a mixed forest with pine forest
- Tropical forest Most are evergreen forest.
Animals in nature can be classified by 2 types which are:
- Terrestrial animal in forest areas are the habitat.
- Aquatic animals are freshwater and saltwater animals.
Economy around Asia
- Agriculture consists of cultivation uses technology to help The produce will be consumed domestically.
- Chinese fisheries will raise freshwater fish. Is an important economy of the region
- Forestry has more than half of the total forest area.
- The industry that has advanced and exported to the world market as follows: Japan has industrial plants throughout the country. China can produce the most cotton. Taiwan, most industries produce metal and machinery. South Korea, steel industry, cement pipes and chemical fertilizer. Hong Kong that stands out as the construction industry. So trade in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan are important trading centers in the world.
- Only Singapore that have trade as country exports only in industrial products. Major imported products are imported from Japan, the United States, ASEAN, South Korea, European Union.
Asia Countries List:
- Hong Kong (China)
- Macao (China)
- Tibet (China)
- Korea (North)
- Korea (South)
- Russian Federation
- Sri Lanka
- Brunei Darussalam
- Myanmar (Burma)
Western Asia and Middle East
- Palestinian territories
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates (Dubai)