Geography In the past, Laos has a vast territory. But later came some land to Siam. Until the liberation of French rule. Laos has an area of only 236,800 square kilometers. Most of the mountains are complex. The origin of the 13 major rivers such as water.
The most important river in Laos is the Mekong River. The Lao people call it the river, which some of the Mekong River in southern Laos in Champasak Province has a width. Up to one kilometer A large waterfall across the Mekong River. Kon Tum Peng The river is nearly ten kilometers long. The height is about 20 meters then the tides flow into the province of Tung in Cambodia. The border with Laos is 4,500 km long. The border with Thailand is 1,730 km long. The Mekong River is the borderline between the two countries. It has a total length of 1,400 kilometers, the highest mountain in the country. In Xieng Khouang Several peaks are higher than 2,000 meters. The highest peak in the country is Phu Pao, with a height of about 2,820 meters.
Laos is a small country with a population of about five million. Even if it is less than Laos, if the land is larger than 236,800 square kilometers. It is a kingdom of mountains and rivers that are as perfect as the one we once had. Long time ago, travelers.
Laos is one of the descendants of Thai ancestry. But Laos has many minorities, many Lao tribes only have only 50 percent. Which usually live on the Mekong River plains. The hill tribe is popular. First, the kingdom of the elephant is called Vas “Java City”. Due to the fact that the Javanese lived more than any other group in the year 1900, the name was changed. City of Chiangmai Even Khmer king gave a statue of Buddha called the Buddha is a statue of the Sinhalese. Soon, he changed his name to “Luang Prabang”.
In 1545, Goddess Pho Rattana, move the capital of the Kingdom of Lan Chang to Vientiane. Luang Prabang will not be the next capital. But he still lives in Luang Prabang.
Later, the kingdom of elephants broke into three kingdoms as:
- Kingdom of the elephant Luang Prabang.
- Kingdom of Lan Chang, Vientiane
- Kingdom of Lan Chang Champasak
King of the Elephant Kingdom The succession of the royal family to the end of the royal family. The city of Siam. Vietnam and France. This is why Luang Prabang has come a long way. The old capital. Many temples And there is a wonderful nature. Luang Prabang has been registered as a World Heritage Site. There are many ancient temples. A unique colonial style boat house. The city is located along the Mekong River and the water beam. It is surrounded by beautiful nature. Luang Prabang people have a friendly personality, beautiful traditions.
While other World Heritage sites may have been specifically registered in Luang Prabang. It was registered as the heritage of mankind in December 1995 and is regarded as the best preserved city in East Asia. Currently, Luang Prabang has a population of about 500,000. Most of the population is engaged in agriculture.
Luang Prabang is located north of Vientiane. The distance of about 400 kilometers is connected by Highway 13, taking about 8 – 10 hours with the road is not good. There are aircraft from Vientiane to Luang Prabang by Lao Airlines. It takes about 45 minutes to fly.
The weather of Lao is divided into 3 seasons as:
- Summer starts in February until April
- Rainy season begins in May until October
- Winter starts in November until January.
Lao language is similar to the Thai language in the northeast of Thailand. In addition, some Lao people can also use English. And good French. For the Lao people in the north of the country, the accent, the spoken, and the meaning of some words. The word is similar to native languages in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and Loei in northern Thailand.
The currency of Laos is the most widely used hoof in Laos. It is divided into 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000 kip. The exchange rate is around 1. Baht is 0.0037 LAK
Division Laos is divided into 17 provinces (provinces) and one special administrative area.
- Vientiane City (Vientiane Wall) is a special administrative area similar to Bangkok.
- Vientiane is the capital city of Vientiane.
- Luang Prabang is the capital city of Luang Prabang.
- Luang Namtham is the capital of Laos.
- Udom Chai is the capital city of Chai or Udom Chai.
- Boke Kaew is the capital of Huay Sai.
- Phongsali capital is Phongsali.
- Hua Hin Dream is the capital of North.
- Xieng Khouang The capital city is Phonsawan.
- Chai Buri is the capital city of Chai Buri.
- Bukigliyah is the capital city of Paksan.
- Kham Kammung, the capital city of Kham or Pra Tha.
- Savannakhet is the capital city of Savannakhet.
- Salavan is the capital city of Salavan.
- Sekong is the capital city of Seok.
- Champasak District is the capital city of Pakse.
- Attapeu City is the capital and the superintendent is Chaiyaphum.