Grand Buddha at Ling Shan (灵山大佛) locate at China, Jiangsu Sheng, Wuxi Shi, Binhu Qu, 灵山路1号. This place is open from 7.00 am. – 17.30 pm. Big Buddha Leprechaun (Buddha Pang Born) Watch the water Buddha (nine dragon), then ride a golf cart. It is one of the largest Buddha statues in China. The Grand Buddha at Ling Shan is a bronze Amitabha standing Buddha outdoor, weighing over 700 tons. The 88-meter-high Buddha image is a statue of Buddha elegant face.
The Grand Buddha at Ling Shan was built under Chairman of Buddhist Association of China (1980 – 2000), Zhao Puchu’s concept of Five Buddhas in Five Directions.
- North (云冈大佛) Yungang Buddha in Shanxi
- South (天坛大佛) Tian Tan Buddha in Hong Kong
- East (靈山大佛) Ling Shan Buddha in Jiangsu
- West (乐山大佛) Leshan Buddha in Sichuan
- Central (龙门大佛) Longmen Buddha in Henan.
The Grand Buddha at Ling Shan was built in 1997 at the site of the ancient temple and the originally built during the Tang Dynasty (618 – 907).
How to get there:
- The Grand Buddha at Ling Shan is about 1 hour’s drive from Wuxi city (distance 25 km).
- Take bus #88 or #89 from Wuxi train station, take 1 hour 10 minutes (fare about 2 yuan)