- Asian Pumpkin in Coconut Cream
- Kabocha in Coconut Milk
- 3 cups cut ripe kabocha squash
- 2 cups or one can of unsweetened coconut milk (preferably Mae Ploy brand)
- 2 Tbs. palm or coconut sugar (or substitute with brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Cut the kabocha squash in half, scoop out the seeds and peel off the greenish skin. Cut into strips about 2 inches long, 1/2 inch wide and 1/4 inch thick.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk with the two kinds of sugar and salt until well blended. (Salt brings out a rich, caramel flavor from coconut milk).
- Bring to a boil, add the squash pieces and cook over low to medium heat until tender (about 7-10 minutes). Serve warm for best flavor.