English name: Iceland , Republic of Ireland , Lyðveldið Ísland
The capital and largest city of Reykjavik.
– President Nigel Lutsias Joe Hannes
– Prime Minister Jarvis Benedictson
Gaining independence from Denmark
– self-governing 1 February 24461
– sovereignty December 1, 1918
– Republic of 17 June 1944
Currency Krona Iceland (ISK)
All times are GMT +8.
Telephone Code 354
Nordic countries in Northern Europe Located on an island in the North Atlantic. Between Greenland, Norway and the United Kingdom. The capital is Reykjavik. Iceland has a population of about 300,000. The total area of 102,775 square kilometers. It has a sparse population. From the 2006 Human Development Index of the United Nations Iceland is the most developed country in the world. Iceland is a member of the NATO, EFTA, EEA, and OECD, but has no army. And no member of the European Union, in 2557 was classified as the most peaceful country in the world.
The word “Iceland” is used in the Thai language, which is derived from the English word “Iceland”. The Icelandic name is “Ísland”. The word ís means ice and land.
Zoning – Regions of Iceland
Iceland is divided into 8 districts or regions. The landsvæðð in the Icelandic language (pl. Landsvæði) include:
1. Höfuðborgarsvæðið (Herpetofa Gauteng – Capital Region)
2. Suðurnes (Sucre – Southern Peninsula)
3. Vesturland (West Lothian – Western District)
4. Vestfirðir (West Feather – West Fjords)
5. Norðurland vestra (Nordrhein-Westfalen)
6. Norðurland eystra (Northwest Territories)
7. Austurland (Erzgebirge – Eastern District)
8. Suðurland (Sutherland – South County)
Local Iceland is divided into 79 municipalities. In addition, Iceland has a traditional division, 23 sýslur, 8 kaupstaðir, 7 bæir, and 5 other divisions. At this level, there is little or no significance.