Mumbai or Bombay is located in the west of India. It was once a group of 7 islands separated from the land and connecting when the canal is shallow. This became a peninsula stretching out into the sea with 22 kilometers long. Mumbai city is a trading port for a long time and be greatly influenced by the relationship with the Western nations in the colonial era even after year 1947 when India gained independence from England. Bombay has new name which is call Mumbai and still an unchangeable important port.
Because of this, Mumbai has the charm of western with the experience throughout of the city. They have buildings food, beautiful Gothic architecture and many more around the city. Mumbai is also famous for being the center of the country’s film and television industry and they call this industry as “Bollywood” like “Hollywood” in USA. This is the world’s largest movie producer with thousands of stories per year.
When you visit Mumbai and you will see the color of India in new ways that you know about this country and experience on sense of Parisian at a chic French shop. The famous menu in Mumbai is crepes. Especially the butter crepe with the palm sugar, cocoa and coffee. With this special menu and lifestyle that you will enjoy when you visit the city.
Dhobi Gahat washing yard
Indian restaurant in India mostly focuses on serving South Indian food with special dish of Andhra Pradesh which is call “Coorg or bean curry”. With this menu in India and people like to eat for a long time and they’re eat this kind of food like a culture for them.
Most of people in Mumbai are Hindu and Islamic. They use rupee currency for trade and exchange products and services. Mumbai city is very famous after movie call “Slumdog Millionaire” won 8 Oscars.
There are 10 places to visit in Mumbai and get a charm of West India such as:
Gateway of India
- Gateway of India is a large sea-side arch that stunning Arbat when the British colonial government had built to receive King George V of the United Kingdom. This is a historic place that represents to the end of the colonial era in India. This place is where the last British soldier stepped down and return to country.
- Victoria Terminal Station or Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Maharashtra) in Indian language has named after Queen Victoria and use the style of Victorian Gothic architecture and combined with Indian art. This is beautiful building in Mumbai and today being registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Elephanta cave is the wonders of Mumbai and recognized as a World Heritage Site in 1987. The cave used to have a giant elephant statue inside but now has been moved to Mumbai zoo. This great cave is a temple excavated in the 7th and 8th centuries and the masterpiece sculpture is the Maha Murti (the monastery of the Buddha). The size is about 5 meters high.
- Dhobi Gahat washing yard is place where Westerners dubbed the Washing Laundry and the largest laundry area in the world. This is necessary place for about five thousand employees come and washing per day. There is a spot that when tourists see and take a picture because is unique to Mumbai that can not be seen elsewhere.
- ISKCON Temple is Hindu International Association Temple in Mumbai. Besides of beautiful temple in Mumbai. You will see the strict spiritual activities of Mumbai around the temple,too.
- Mahatma Gandhi House Museum is a small museum that have three floods. This place is tells life and collect things of Mahatama Gandhi who was inspires the generation of fighters around the world. This is place that he lives.
- University of Mumbai is the most beautiful building with large clock tower similar to Big Ben tower in England. This is the university that well known as the best university in India.
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation building (Bombay Municipality Building or the government office building of Maharashtra) is old building and design of Victorian Gothic architecture style. There is a distinctive elegant location in the heart of the city.
- Taj Mahal Hotel is a luxury hotel (an elegant five-star) with ancient and beautiful architecture of India. They used Indo-Sarasen architecture style to build this hotel.
- Bandra Worli Sea Link is the modern eight lane bridge of Mumbai that facilitates with millions of people. In the evening there is a good atmosphere for walk and see nice view of the city with the sunset.
Victoria Terminal Station or Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (Maharashtra)