This museum was established to answer the objective of making the Royal Factory an educational destination regarding agro-processing industry and a place that collects and displays Royal initiative projects for sustainable development of “Sufficiency Economy.” The beginning of the idea to establish this museum is the flood and mudslide incident during 6-8th of October, 2006 which caused damage to the area of Mae Ngon and Mae Kha Sub-district of Fang District, Chiang Mai Province including the First Royal Factory at Fang which was completely damaged from the incident.
After the disaster, HSH Prince Peesadej Ratchanee had visited the victims in the affected areas and ordered officials from the Royal Irrigation Department to find the way to prevent the incident from happening again. He also assigned works to other departments to help solving the problem. In January, 18, 2007, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn had also visited the area of the First Royal Factory at Fang. After consulting with the Office of The Royal Development Projects Board about the restoration of the factory and nearby community and also the development of Mae Ngon watershed area, the princess assigned the Crown Property Bureau to plan the First Royal Factory at Fang development and restoration project.
Inside Museum there are:
- The model of green agricultural processing industry factory . There is also Jin-Sun restaurant serve food and drinks in reasonable price
- Museum Shop -Shopping Doi kam’s products and souvenirs like you got Projects initiated from the King in your hands
- Ban Yang community – there is unique community from many nationality, culture and religion living among valley
Open Hours: Exhibition building – Tuesday- Sunday 8.30-16.30 (Annual closure 15- 30 September) , First Royal Factory – Monday – Saturday 8.00 – 17.00, Museum shop – Tuesday – Sunday 8.00 – 17.00
How to get there:
- From Bangkok, drive on Phahon Yothin road then slight to high way route 32 passing Ayuth Thaya – Ang Tong -Nakhon Sawan following high way 117 to – Phisanulok. Use High way 11 head to Lam pang and Lamphoon drive along until arrive Chaing Mai . The Total distance is 695 km.
- There is express train available at Bangkok station (Hualamphong) everyday
Take the bus Bangkok- Chiang Mai at bus terminal Mo chit 2 on Kampangpetch 2 road, everyday multiple round taking about 9-10 hours
Taking the flight Bkk- Chiang Mai. There is multiple round every day.