Wat Phrathat Doi Noi Temple is a historic temple with more than 1,300 years of history. The lactation is in Doi Lo, Doi Lo District, Chiang Mai. It is believed that it was built by Queen Jamathewi of Lamphun in 658 AD atop a small hill overlooking Ping River. The temple is home to two sacred chedis: Phra That Doi Noi and Phra Chedi Khong, both feature authentic Lanna architectural style.
“Wat Phra That Doi Noi” built by Queen Chamadevi In the time he came from Lavo to dominate the city of Hariphunchai in 1281 BC, by the way to the Chao Phraya River along the Mae Ping River. And stopped by to stop in the vicinity of this place His Highness ordered the construction of a pagoda that This area of the mountain top. In order to contain the Buddha’s relics and arrange a ceremony for 3 days 3 nights
In 2039 B.E., Phra Muang Kaew, the ruler of Chiang Mai Lanna King Mangrai Discovered the legendary pagoda of Queen Chamadevi At that time the pagoda was very deteriorated. Therefore assigned Khun Dabuan to bring the courtiers to renovate And approximately in the year 1800, Wat Phra That Doi Noi was abandoned for a period due to war disasters. The people evacuated to escape the war. In 1932, Kruba Inthakra, Kruba Promma, Kruba Khambhira joined together to restore and raise the status until the temple until today. Legends and age history of Wat Phra That Doi Noi Therefore has been at least 1,300 years ago. Nowadays, Phra That Doi Noi temple has provided The festival of bathing the Buddha’s relics on the full moon day of the 15th lunar month of the 8th lunar month becomes the annual event of the temple.
Naga stairs up the stairs “Wat Phra That Doi Noi” , approximately 250 steps from bottom of parking to above the temple. Also you can be driven up to the parking lot on the temple.