Make delicious kombucha compost. Must do 2 steps. The first step is fermented tea in a glass jar. Step 2 Ferment the tea in a swing top bottle.
The first step should be to have tea with low alcohol content. And the taste is not too sour, but the pH should not exceed 4. The sweetness must fit And scented tea
If this step fermentation works well Will make step 2 well
Ingredients for making step 1: For about 2.5 liters of fermented tea
- 20-25 grams of tea leaves
- 1 cup of natural sugar
- 1 cup of Bucha tea (Starter)
- SCOBY (jelly head) the size of the palm
- 8 cups of clean filtered water
- Boil 3 cups of water to boil, add tea leaves to boil with low heat, leave for 20 minutes (keep the tea leaves every 5 minutes) and filter out the tea leaves
- Add sugar, stir until dissolved, then add 5 cups of filtered water and leave to cool.
- Pour all ingredients into the prepared glass jar.
- Add Kombucha and SCOBY tea. Stir gently until all ingredients mixed well.
- Cover the jar with a cloth and rubber band at the jar Or if the glass jar has a cover to close loosely With good air in and out
- Set aside for about 10-14 days in a temperature of 23 C- 30 C. Keep away from sunlight. Or keep in a room with low light, not damp and without disturbing insects
- If fermentation works Fermented tea will have a sour taste, measuring no more than 4 pH values (using lipmas paper Help in measuring)
- Can taste the tea fermented every day, once a day by using a tube to squeeze the tea to taste.
- Do not leave the fermentation time for a long time. Until the fermented tea is too sour Turned into a vinegar flavor
- The taste of good fermented tea should have a slightly sour taste. Fragrant tea-based And the tingling of the bubbles that arise from fermentation
- should not have too much alcohol if using tasting must not feel bad If having sugar-alcohol measuring instruments, it will be very helpful.
- Glass jar equipment Should be a dozen glasses produced for use with fermented foods Which the glass is resistant to acid and alkali And withstand the pressure of the gas that occurs during fermentation If using a non-standard glass jar, the glass jar will crack.
- Collection of fermented tea from a glass jar To be used for fermentation in step 2, should the tea person over the jar And then scoop it up and put it in a swing top bottle And leave about 1-2 cups of fermented tea to be used as a starter for the next fermentation.
- Follow the fermenting process in Step 2 in “Make Kombucha Tasty Like Champagne” when marinating in the altar.
source by https://kombuchadiy.com