Hanoi Airport (Noi Bai International Airport) is about 45 kilometers in north part of the city center, Hanoi. The airport officially called Noi Bai International Airport. It’s the largest airport in Northern Vietnam. It serves domestic and international flights, including Vietnam Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, and Cathay Pacific.
Hanoi Airport Arrivals upon arrival at Hanoi Airport, a corridor leads you to the Immigration area. A VOA desk is available if you need to pick up your visa. All you have to do is fill in the form and hand them your passport. Depending on the queue, it takes about 15 minutes to get your passport back with the visa stamped inside. After immigration, the baggage claim is a few metres away. There’s a duty-free shop selling branded items and a customs clearance is on your right. Do keep your baggage stub after collecting your luggage as the attendants will check to make sure you have the correct luggage. ATMs and a currency exchange counter are located on the right-hand side when you passed through customs. If you don’t carry local currency, it’s a good idea to get some at this point so that you can pay for transport to your destination.
Hanoi Airport Departures: When you arrive at Noi Bai International Airport you enter through the first floor domestic terminal. Here your luggage will be screened before you head to the international check in counters. After checking in, go through to the Immigration area on the left. After passport control there is one more security check point before you enter the Departures Lounge.
Dining at Hanoi Airport: There are cafeterias and restaurants on all floors of the terminal building. As with most airports, they can be very pricey. However, these are good options if you’re looking for a light meal, cold beer, or coffee before boarding your plane.
Entertainment/Activities/Facilities Free Wi-Fi is available at selected restaurants and throughout Hanoi Airport’s Departures Lounge. TVs here show mostly international news and local programs. The departure area has a pharmacy on the 1st floor. It’s also close to an Information and Help Desk, ATM, currency exchange, and bank. Shopping and Duty Free There are quite a few souvenir shops, duty free shops, and small department stores at Hanoi Airport. Prices can be a little steep and you need to be wary about exchange rates. Prices are often quoted in VND but charged in US dollars. You can find a good selection of alcohol, perfumes, cosmetics, chocolates, and electronic goods.
Transport Options Hanoi Airport is a 40-minute drive from Hanoi city centre. There are a few ways to reach the city. The Hanoi city bus services #07 and #17 depart from the arrivals terminal between 05:00 and 22:00. Bus #07 bus takes you to Kim Ma bus station while #17 stops at Long Bien bus station. A one-way trip costs VND 5,000. If you have over-sized luggage, you may not be allowed on the bus. Airport taxis are right in front of the Arrivals exit gate.
Drivers charge a fixed price of VND 250,000, including toll fees. Make sure to look out for one that has the driver’s photo, name and license number clearly displayed. Hanoi Airport minibuses cost VND 30,000 and leave from the Arrivals exit gate. You may have to wait until the bus is full before it departs. Vietnam Airlines offer free shuttle bus services to downtown Hanoi.
Vans Vietnam airlines (Hanoi Airport Minibus).
As soon as you exit the airport on the first floor, you will see a number of vans. The trip cost them $2 or 40 000VND. You can buy tickets directly in the bus. For large Luggage, you will have to pay$ 2. For an additional cost of $1-2, the driver will take you to the hotel. Go as you fill and move without any schedule from early morning until around 22 hours. Journey time – 45-60 minutes.
From the airport, they arrive to the Vietnam airlines office at 1 Quang Trung (seemap or the position of Vietnam airlines office at the interactive map of the city). Upon arrival to the office, you can take a taxi to your hotel or within walking distance. The office is a short walk from the lake “Returned sword” , and 10 minutes from the main tourist area (on the map the walking route from the office to the tourist area depicted in blue).
This is the cheapest way to get to the city center. The cost was 9000 VND ($0,5), plus the same amount for the Luggage if it is big. Travel time – half an hour, longer during rush hours. The buses are quite comfortable, air-conditioned, but frequently crowded. Go from 05:00 to 22:00 every 15-20 minutes.
City buses leave from the opposite side of the road from the domestic terminal, bus stop near the international terminal they don’t. If you exit the domestic terminal on the ground floor, you can cross the road, slightly beating the separation fence. You can also go to the opposite side from the second floor of the terminal directly on the bridge. On the map we noted the exact location of the bus stops at the terminal. Be careful: you will try to put in a commercial bus for $2 or a taxi, and assure that the bus is no longer here, or that stop is very far away. Don’t believe it. Take your time, find the bus and sit in it. City bus terminal is shown in the photo. Like this and you need.
There are several routes from the airport:
- Number 17 goes to Long Bien station (seemap) past the tourist area. Even if you miss an exit near the tourist area (and get off after the bridge) before reaching the final stop, Long Bien easy access to the tourist area on foot (20 minutes). The map of the bus route No. 17 and the stop is marked in purple. Where is the Long Bien station, see also interactive map.
- No. 7 goes to Kim Ma station. It’s quite far from the tourist area, they will have to take a taxi or take another bus.
- Express bus # 48 leaves from both terminals every 20-30 minutes, in 45 minutes. Go from 06:30 to 22:40. Cost 30 000 dongs (1.5 USD). End of the bus/train station of Hanoi, on the way they make a stop near the tourist district near the lake of the Returned Sword.
Hotel near Hanoi Airport
- VATC SleepPod Terminal 2 (0.2 km from Noi Bai International Airport) , With a stay at VATC SleepPod Terminal 2 in Hanoi (Soc Son), you’ll be 10 minutes by car from Melinh Plaza.Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk and luggage storage. It located at 2nd floor, Terminal 2, Noi Bai Internatinal Airport, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam.
- VATC Sleep Pod Terminal 1 located at Noi Bai (0.1 km from Noi Bai International Airport) is set in the public areas of Noi Bai International Airport, VATC SleepPod provides sleeping pods on the second and third floor in Terminal 1. Complimentary WiFi can be accessed in all areas. Review
- Family Hotel Soc Son, Noi Bai (0.4 km from Noi Bai International Airport) located in Nội Bài, Family Hotel Soc Son has air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The property is around 4 miles from Thanh Chuong Palace and 4 miles from Thanh Chuong Palace.
- HD House Hương Gia (0.4 km from Noi Bai International Airport). HD House is located in Hương Gia. With free WiFi, this 3-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk. Guests can dine in the in-house restaurant or relax in the bar. Hanoi is 14 miles from the hotel. Review
- Airport Lake View Hostel in Noi Bai (1.5 km from Noi Bai International Airport). Airport Lake View Hostel is located in Nội Bài and features a garden, terrace and bar. Featuring free shuttle service, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Free WiFi is available.
- Airport View Hotel in Noi Bai (2.1 km from Noi Bai International Airport) located just 1640 feet away from Noi Bai International Airport, Airport View Hotel provides well-appointed rooms, an in-house restaurant and free WiFi access at all public areas.
- Duc Hieu Hotel at Thach Loi (2.1 km from Noi Bai International Airport). Duc Hieu Hotel is located in Hanoi. Free WiFi access is available. Each room here will provide you with a TV and air conditioning. Private bathroom also comes with a shower. Extras include a desk.
- Phuong Nam Hotel at Thach Loi (2.1 km from Noi Bai International Airport). Phuong Nam Hotel is located in Thach Loi, about 1.2 mi from Noi Bai International Airport and 4.3 mi from Thanh Chuong Palace. It offers free parking and complimentary in-room WiFi access.
- Indochina Airport Hotel at Noi Bai (2.2 km from Noi Bai International Airport) is Just 1.2 mi from Noi Bai International Airport, Indochina Airport Hotel has air-conditioned rooms with a private bathroom.
- Dragon Airport Hotel in Noi Bai (2.2 km from Noi Bai International Airport) located Dragon Airport Hotel offers peaceful and comfortable accommodations within 656 feet from Noi Bai International Airport.