Gold mine is a mine that has been very popular in the drilling down to bring resources. Each country has to search for their own country areas in order to find out which areas have gold sources to mine for. Of course, the size of each mine is not the same size some are small, some are large, depending on the amount of gold discovered and brought up.
Top 5 largest gold mines in the world
- Boddington – This mine is both gold and copper mining. Located in the southeast coast of Perth, Australia, about 75 miles from the city, which says that the mine is very large because in the years 2009 – 2011 a large volume of gold ore was exported. According to the mining company, the mine could produce up to 5 million ounces of gold, with plans to spend $ 500 million on it.
- Peñasquinto – later the mine was located in the state of Zacatecas, Mexico, but the owner of the mine was Canadian. Considered to be the largest mine in Mexico, with one of the 5 best silver mines in the world. There are also other types of minerals. That can be digged too, such as zinc, lead
- Carlin – a large mining mine in the United States. With exports up to 75% of the mine in the country And account for 3% of global gold exports There are 3 giant mining ponds, plus 4 underground wells. How big is that?
- Goldstrike – is a large mine located in northern Nevada. Managed by the Barrick Company in 1987, it is the largest gold mine in the north of the United States. There are more than 1,700 workers in 2014, producing 1 ton of gold and 32.8 ton of production in 2015. A lot
- Muruntau – is a mining site in Uzbekistan. It was first discovered in 1958 in the arid desert region of Kyzyl Kum. It started mining in full in 1967, continuing to this day. There is an enormous open-pit mine with a depth of 1,900 feet. It is considered to be the 5th deepest mine in the world. Another special feature is the gemstone obtained from Turquoise. It is said that this mine is likely to contain minerals from 2,500 – 5,300 tons.