Thomas Jefferson Memorial was created to dedicate to Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States and United States author. Declaration of Independence He was regarded as an important figure in world history. Jefferson Memorial uses neo-classical style of art. The interior of the bronze statue of President Thomas Jefferson, who opened the town and the tourists have paid homage to the person who has contributed greatly to this country.
Some attraction near by the Jefferson Memorial are as:
- Washington Monument. 0.6 mi.
- The Smithsonian Institution. 0.8 mi.
- United States Capitol. 1.7 mi.
- Library of Congress. 1.8 mi.
- National Mall. 0.9 mi.
- Eisenhower Executive Office Building. 1.1 mi.
- Lincoln Memorial. 0.9 mi.
How to get there:
The closest Metro station is Smithsonian, located on the Orange, Blue and Silver lines. As for the bus, take either the 32, 34 or 36 routes.