Center of Thai Traditional and Complementary Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University is located at 55 on Samlan Road, Tambon Pra Sing, Amphoe Mueang, Chiang Mai. Its fundamental tasks can be divided into 3 parts. First, the task is to do the research on Thai traditional and alternative medicine such as pharmaceutical and toxicological studies on herbs and natural products, performances of acupuncture, massaging, and herb remedies etc.
Second, the center works towards teaching and learning. It now offers 4 core curricula: on Thai Medicine Assistant, on Hummer Massage for Health, on how to take care of a mom after delivery (according to Thai ancient tradition) and on mixing Chinese acupressure with Thai massage. Last of all, it pursues health care service for patients. The center has provided the service since September 2011. More than 3,000 patients have used the service from medical doctors (medical clinics for general diseases) Thai medicine doctors (Suandok-style massage with hot press and how to take care of a mom after delivery according to Thai ancient tradition) and Chinese medicine doctors (touching the pulse to diagnose diseases, acupuncture and curing by using Chinese herbs).
The service rates are as follows:
- 250 baht for medical service
- 400 baht for Thai massage with hot press; totally 650 baht as medical service is added to your program (refundable 250 baht)
- 350 baht for Chinese medical acupuncture; totally 600 baht as medical service is added to your program (refundable 100 baht)
- 2,100 baht for a package of 6-time massage; totally 2,350 baht as medical service is added to your program (refundable 1,500 baht)
- 1,800 baht for a package of 6-time acupuncture; totally 2,050 baht as medical service is added to your program (refundable 600 baht)
Moreover, clients will be checked and given advice to by medical doctors before the massage or acupuncture and if clients are civil servants, they can refund according to the rights enforced by Central Accounts Department of Ministry of Finance. Clients can use the service from Monday to Sunday (09.00 a.m. – 08.00 p.m.) For more information, please contact 0 5394 9899, 0 5394 5003 or via firstname.lastname@example.org