What is M-learning?
M-learning or mobile learning is defined as “context learning. Through the interaction between society and content using personal electronic tools Distance education through e-learning. Students can use mobile phones as a tool for studying in many areas. In their own convenient time.
The technology used in M-learning includes mobile computers, MP3 computers, notebook computers. Mobile phones and tablets M-learning focuses on the movement of learners. Interaction with portable technology tools Using mobile tools to enhance learning aids And various content Become an important part of Informal learning.
M-learning is convenient because it can be accessed from virtually anywhere. Exchanging information can happen instantly for everyone who shares content. Which made suggestions And various tips instantly
Which this learning process is very fast Proven to help increase exam scores From the 50th percentile to the 70th percentile. M-learning still has good portability. By replacing books With a small tool that is full of learning content
The format and role of Mobile Learning
- Respond freely to learners’ interests
- Can be carried to various places Conveniently
- Respond to needs quickly
- Create unlimited learning space, space and time
Key components of M-Learning
- Devices + content + technology
It’s distance learning And the time that does not match between the teacher and students. electronics is a new method of distance learning based on information technology. That consists of computer technology And telecommunications technology. It is learning that teachers and students can connect with each other from far away and at the same time. The M- Learning model is learning using portable computer devices that connect to wireless data. There are many portable computers available today. Which can be classified into 3 types of portable computer devices, which are
- PDAs (Personal Digital Assistant) are small portable computers. Commonly known are Pocket PC and Palm. Communication tools in this group also include PDA Phone. It also refers to other small computers such as lap top, Note book and Tablet PC.
- Smart Phones are mobile phones. Which contains the functions of the PDA. It just doesn’t have a stylus but can install additional programs like PDA and PDA phone. This is a small, portable, energy saving. And not very expensive
- IPod, MP3 player is a portable audio device that can receive data from a computer by connecting a USB cable or receiving a Blue tooth signal for new models. Has a hard disk capacity of up to 60 GB. And has a video out box and games to play as well Application Currently, there has been development of mobile phone performance. To support more various services, including education in Thailand Because mobile phones today are small, lightweight, easy to carry around with them all the time. Until development The program is taught through mobile phones. M-Learning (Mobile Learning), which is a learning Teaching or finished lesson. Tutorial offered via mobile phone or Portable computer by relying on wireless network technology That can be connected from the host network Can connect wireless in real time and can also interact with mobile phones or computers Another portable By using digital technology such as Bluetooth to support collaboration.
Benefits of M-Learning
- Free to choose on how to learn and be aware
- There are no restrictions on time, place of learning
- More motivation for learning
- To promote true learning with the technology of M – Learning, changing learning conditions from teacher-centered to direct interaction with students, therefore encouraging communication with friends and More instructor
Limitations of M-Learning
- The size of Memory Capacity and the limited screen size may be an obstacle for reading information. The keypad is not as convenient as a desktop computer keyboard.
- Connection to the network There is still a relatively expensive price. And the quality may not be quite satisfactory.
- The strength of the machine is not comparable with a desktop computer.