Kamakura city is the old capital city of Japan located next to the sea and about 60 kilometers south of Tokyo. Kamagura city is the city in Kanagawa Prefecture. There are 2 train line networks that can go to the city as JR EAST line and Enoden line. Enoden’s semi-tram train is the main network for travel between various cities of Kamakura.
Where to go:
- Enoshima Sea Candle or (Enoshima Lighthouse Observation Town)
- Enoshima Iwaya (grottos) Cave
- Enoshima Samuel Cocking Garden
- Enoshima Escar Escalator
- Enoshima Shrine Hoan-den
- Enoshima Aquarium
- Enoshima Island Spa
- Benzaiten Nakamisedori Street
The Enoden Line:
- Ryukoji Temple
- Subanadori Stree
- Kosokuji Temple
- Hasedori Street or Daibutsudori Street
- Hasedera Temple or Hase Kannon
- Kamakura Museum of Literature
- Kotokuin Temple or Great Buddha of Kamakura
- Inamuragasaki Oceanside
- Tsurugaoka Hachimangu
- Jomyoji Temple
- Kenchoji Temple
- Kamachidori Street
- Zeniarai Benzaiten Shire
- Kaburaki Kiyokata Memorial Art Museum, Kamakura City
- Kamakura City Kawakita Film Museum
- Hokokuji Temple
- Kamakuragu Shrine and Dungeon (Shire) repository
- Engakuji Temple
- Wakamiya Street (Dankazura)
The city of Kamakura have 4 main station that is source of tourist visit including Kita-Kamaura Station, Kamakura Station, Hase Station and Enoshima Station.
How to travel from Tokyo to Kamakura city?
Kamakura city is located near Tokyo. During the train seat will pass Yokohama. If you come from other cities then you should travel or stop at Tokyo or Yokohama first then travel from the center of Tokyo to Kamakura is available from Tokyo Station and Shinjuku Station. As if
- From Tokyo Station to Kamakura can take the JR Yokosuka Line to Tokyo Station, Shinagawa, Yokohama, Kit-Kamakura and Kamakura Station. It takes about 1 hour for ride and cost is 920 yen.
- From Shinjuku Station. There are 2 options which are JR Shonan Shinjuku Line will run directly to Kamakura station. It takes about 1 hour and same as from Tokyo station but they have about 2 cars running per day.
- From Shinjuku station then get off at Fujisawa Station on Odakyu train line. On Enoden you will be able enter to the city of Kamakura. This method will take about 90 minutes and have 3 times to reach to Kamakura Station but will be the most economic and good value. Because there have travel card that can be used for round-trip price and travel around the city for 1,470 yen. Also, this method is suitable for people who want to visit Enoshima Island, too.
Tickets and discount cards for use in Kamakura City are
- The Kamakura Enoshima Pass train ticket is pass that use on JR East line. This covers on the JR Enoden trains and Shonan Monorail for unlimited rides within 1 day. Cost for adults at 700 yen and children at 350 yen . You can purchase ticket at automatic vending machines at the train station in Kamakura (English-style tickets are only sold at the counter).
- Odakyu Enoshima Kamakura Free Pass is unlimited travel within 1 day (including return train costs between Tokyo and Fujisawa). The Odakyu Railways Company in conjunction with the Enoden Railway. Prices from Shinjuku Station for Adults 1,470 yen and children (6-11 years) 740 yen, from Machida Station for Adults 1,020 yen and Children (6-11 years) 510 yen and from Fujisawa Station for Adults 610 yen and Children (6-11 years) 320 yen. You can purchase ticket at every Odakyu railway station (can be purchased in Tokyo at Shinjuku Station).