Bio-energy or Energy Biomass
Biomass energy, biomass energy is energy from biomass produced by the biological process. Bio-energy is a form of biomass. Because it is a transformation of a solid state into a gas Biomass energy can be utilized in 2 main ways which are
- Fuel for electricity and heat generation Causing the factory to have low fuel costs
- Fuel for engines
Energy biomass: There are many ways including
- Direct combustion or combustion is the reaction of the combustion of raw materials with oxygen and then spit out the heat into energy This heat energy can be used to produce steam power with high temperature and pressure. By using a steam turbine as a generator
- Gas production is the internal chemical transformation of carbon in biomass. By using heat and process media such as oxygen, steam to make the biomass object transform from solid to combustible gas The gas produced will be of better quality than solid state fuels. And easy to use
- Fermentation is the same process as the production of bio-energy. Production of liquid fuel from plants Is a biological process for the degradation of starch, sugar, and cellulose derived from agricultural products such as sugarcane, cassava, corncob and into ethanol or alcohol. Can be used as fuel for gasoline engines As we know it, “bio-diesel”
- Bio-diesel is one of the biomass fuels that is derived from the oil from plants or animals through the transmogrification process. In order to change the chemical structure of the oil into a straight chain Resulting in methyl esters or ethyl esters Depending on the type of alcohol used
- Ethanol is classified as a type of biomass fuel, also known as Ethyl alcohol, which is obtained from starch and cellulose, such as sugarcane, cassava, molasses. The sugar is converted into alcohol itself. Can be used as fuel for gasoline engines
We come to think of it as If we take the rice straw left over from the harvest of farmers all over the country, which amounts to 19.01 million tons from the rice harvesting area of not less than 77.33 million rai, can be used as fuel for electricity generation up to 942 megawatts, leaves and the amount of sugarcane is 17.02 million tons from 8.26 million rai of sugarcane farms nationwide. Can be used as fuel to produce electricity up to 1,647 megawatts or even the shell of cashews of 0.07 million tons from 0.19 million rai can produce electricity up to 13 megawatts. How much electrical energy will we get?
Benefits of using Energy biomass Is a good way to reduce the disposal of agricultural products Reduce the burning of these waste products Which helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere as well Moreover, it will increase farmers’ income by selling agricultural surplus products. Considered to be a very worthwhile use of natural resources.
The introduction of biomass energy Used to not yet have full potential Although this is a source of many biomass-producing precursors, this may be due to the lack of labor in the collection of biomass Including transportation that is quite costly May not be economically worthwhile Although many biomass power plants have been built But still not able to produce enough power.
To bring biomass energy to truly be effective, it may need to be developed in person as well as aware of the benefits and necessity of using this type of renewable energy. Pointing out the pros and cons Including the need for technological development along with In order to reduce costs and allow people to have more access to biomass energy.