Nishiki Tenmangu Shrine is a small shrine next to Shinkokogoku street. There are many Tenmangu Shrine in Japan such as Shinto shrines that created to be dedicated to Sugawara no Michizane or Tenjin deity. At this shrine have the symbol of a cow sitting. Cow statue symbol of this shrine is is believed that they’re catch-stroking of the bull’s head and will be successful in studies with the knowledge like head of the shiny cow. They put a golden color in this cow that probably telling faith.
How to get there:
- Get off at Shijo (K9) Station on the Karasuma Subway Line. About 3 minutes on foot.
- Get off at Hankyu Kyoto Line “Karasuma” station. About 3 minutes on foot.
- Get off at “Kyoto City Hall” station on the subway Tozai Line. About 10 minutes on foot.
- Get off at Kawaramachi Station on Hankyu Kyoto Line. About 4 minutes on foot.
- Get off at Shijo Station on the Keihan Main Line. About 10 minutes on foot.
- Get off at Sanjo Station on the Keihan Main Line. About 15 minutes on foot.
- If you are riding from Kyoto Station, it is a bit far from the Shinkansen platform, but you can come closer from the north exit (towards the central ticket gate, Shiokoji) than to the south exit (Hachijo exit).