Opening Hours: Daily 9.00 – 16.00 hrs.
Admission: Adults 800 yen / Children (6-17 years) 400 yen / Small children (under 6 years) Free admission.
Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park Nagano is the world famous tourist attraction with top ranked by both foreign tourists and local people. For this on-sen pond located in Yamanouchi Prefecture and not far from Nagano City then you can travel on 1 day trip by bus or train.
This monkey park have hot spring bath for monkeys that created by humans. Monkeys are very docile and often walk very close to people. It is prohibited to touch or give food to prevent people harm. For the month that is best watching monkeys soaking in on-sen around January – February every year.
How to get there:
- From Yudanaka Station take the bus to Kanbayashi Onsen (10-15 minutes, 310 yen one-way bus per hour), Shibu Onsen (5-10 minutes, 190-bus, 1-2 times per hour) or Nagano Station ( 40 minutes, 1,400 yen, buses depart 4-10 times a day) or
- The Yudanaka-Kanbayashi bus will stop at the Kanbayashi Onsen bus stop, but other buses will stop at the Kanbayashi Onsen-guchi bus stop and walk a bit further.
- From Kanbayashi Onsen walk along the route for 25-40 minutes to reach the monkey park. It is advisable to wear active shoes especially during the cold season.
- From the paid parking lot (located to the west of the monkey park), walk for 10-15 minutes. However, the narrow road from Shibu Onsen doesn’t have public transport. Will have to drive by own car and will close the road during the cold season But can walk on foot if there is no snow cover Takes about 45-60 minutes.
By Shutter bus
- Some hotels and ryokan in Yudanaka and Shibu provide bus services for guests to park at the parking lot.