The World Health Organization recommends vaccination against 4 influenza strains to increase the effectiveness of the prevention of influenza. That is more comprehensive than before.
What are 4 influenza strains?
Influenza is caused by influenza. Which is a virus named There are 2 influenza viruses, influenza A and B, each of which is divided into the following subspecies.
- Influenza A virus (H1N1)
- Influenza A virus (H3N2)
- Victoria B type influenza virus
- B-type influenza virus Yamagata family
Therefore, using a vaccine against influenza in all 4 strains of the virus will stimulate the immune system. Which covers more influenza pandas that may be seasonal in that season, making people who are vaccinated against 4 influenza strains are less at risk of getting influenza.
How is the flu spread ?
Flu is a highly contagious disease. The cause is contagious by inhaling the virus that spread in the air from sneezing of influenza patients. Or from touching items contaminated with the influenza virus And infect To the respiratory system, the symptoms of the disease Influenza appears after 1-3 days of infection, so sometimes the symptoms do not appear. Patients are able to spread the infection to people who are close without knowing it.
Most patients start to get sick 1-2 days after infection, such as high fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, eye pain, red eyes, stuffy nose, runny nose, fatigue, coughing, sore throat, may have anorexia, nausea and vomiting. Or diarrhea as well In general, illness will improve within 3-4 days and heal in 1-2 weeks.
Prevention of influenza
- When sick Should wear a mask at all times to prevent spreading
- When coughing or sneezing, use tissue paper to cover the mouth and nose and throw it into a trash can with a lid.
- Wash hands frequently before eating, after coughing, sneezing, or blow a nose.
- Avoiding being near patients Especially those with coughing and sneezing Or have a fever
- Avoiding going into a place where there are a lot of mittens Especially during the flu pandemic
- When sick, should stop work, stop studying, and stop activities with others. In order to get well soon And does not spread the infection to other people
- People in groups at risk of severe illness. Should be vaccinated against influenza
Why should the flu be vaccinated every year?
Because the influenza virus will change slightly Causing new infections in animals and humans in stages Causing immunity in animals and in existing people may not be able to prevent the disease In addition, the body’s immunity to influenza does not last long and can often be reduced in a matter of months or years. Therefore, the influenza vaccination every year is to stimulate the immune system to suit the new influenza each year. And there are always high levels for dealing with the infection that will enter our body.