Description of Coronavirus – Refers to the species of virus in the genus belonging to the sub-family. Coronavirinae and Tonovirinae in the family Coronaviridae in the order Nidovirales are enveloped viruses. The genome is RNA active, containing helix nucleotides. The genome size of these viruses ranges from 26-32 kilobytes.
Wuhan virus, or full name Novel Coronavirus 2019, is a virus in the same group as “SARS SARS” that had spread around the world more than ten years ago. The symptoms that occur after infection are fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, headache, fatigue, muscle aches. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and in patients who are older or younger or have certain medical conditions Or have weak immunity Will be at risk To cause more severe symptoms such as pneumonia, also known as “pneumonia” and may cause death
It is now confirmed that this virus can spread from person to person and more worrying is that There has been confirmation of the infection in China and in many countries around the world. Including Thailand, so we can’t be restless
I want you to think like this. That the news about the outbreak of the Wuhan virus that came out, whether the numbers are infected The width of the epidemic circles Always following the actual situation 1-2 steps, because the news will come out Before writing into the news The infection is continuously spreading, so we have to prepare.
*** Now let’s see what should be done and what we should and can do ***
1. Avoid going to in a crowded place There are a lot of people. Or in poorly ventilated areas such as pubs, cinemas, airports, hospitals, if there is no need to go in these places Please avoid
2. If unavoidable Wearing a face mask (preferably N95) and avoiding people near coughing, sneezing, etc.
3. Wash hands frequently: Wuhan virus spread through droplets such as mucus, saliva, aerosol from sneezing. Which these droplets Tend to be stuck in a place that is often touched by many people By risky points such as push buttons, elevators, escalators Public toilets, etc. Sometimes we may come into contact with these things without knowing it. And may cause an increased risk of infection Frequent washing of hands Wash every time before eating Including not putting your hands in the mouth, rubbing the eyes, or picking the nose will greatly reduce the chance of getting infected.
4. Avoid entering the live animal market Avoid touching Or associate with animals Especially animals that are sick or die because at this time We have assumed that Wuhan virus Beginning with the spread of animals to humans at first. And when the infection enters humans Therefore there are mutations Until can spread from person to person
5. Do not share personal belongings with others such as glasses, handkerchiefs, towels, eating spoons etc.
6. Keep the body healthy always. Eat all five food groups. Exercise regularly Get enough sleep
7. If you have just returned from abroad Or upcountry within 14 days, regardless of whether the country / province has reported an outbreak or not And start to have symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, headache, fatigue, muscle aches Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, either or all Or have any abnormal symptoms Hurry to wear a mask for yourself And go to the hospital immediately (Can go to the emergency room straight away) as well as notifying travel history And described the symptoms to the relevant staff in detail
8. Department of Disease Control Hotline. If you have any questions. Don’t hesitate to call and ask.
9. Be alert but don’t be alarmed. Take precaution is a good thing. Is a bad story Please remember that “The thing that spreads faster than a virus is fear and fear can do more damage than an epidemic.”