People with osteoarthritis Or have a knee pain from other causes will have too much weight will cause the symptoms to spread or disappear slowly. Should adjust to life habits Which is part of the dietary adjustment? Although the food that is eaten will not help to cure the disease directly. But if the patient receives the right nutrients it will reduce the problem of body weight and reduce the chance of inflammation It also helps strengthen bones and muscles to be strong.
Foods that patients with osteoarthritis should eat:
- Foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, especially seafood such as sea fish, salmon or even freshwater fish, white meat fish. Will help maintain strong joints in the bones And reduce pain or inflammation in patients with knee arthritis And reduce the symptoms of frozen in various areas
- Foods that are high in antioxidants or beta-carotene Especially vegetables such as yo yai, spinach, spinach, kale, broccoli, mimosa, bean sprouts, and should also eat vegetables of various colors such as red tomatoes, carrots, orange, purple cabbage Yellow corn and pumpkin Because it will get a variety of vitamins Especially various green leafy vegetables There is vitamin K that helps to nourish the bones quite high.
- Foods that are high in calcium, such as baked almonds, black sesame, milk, and dairy products. Soybeans and soy products, such as tofu, tofu, and even eating small fish can help increase calcium to strengthen bones. This should be eaten with foods that are high in vitamin D, such as milk, eggs, and sardines. Because vitamin D helps with the absorption of calcium better into the body.
- Foods rich in vitamin C Especially fruits such as guava, orange, pineapple, ripe papaya, because vitamin C helps to neutralize free radicals.
- Foods that contain bioflavonoids such as cherries, blueberries, apples, green tea, onions, and tomatoes have anti-inflammatory effects. Increase the efficiency of absorption of vitamin C. Strengthens the tissue Makes the artery walls and capillaries strong Reduce the chance of bruising, swelling
- Eat baked, boiled, steamed, steamed, steamed instead of fried, fried, or curry in coconut milk to control body weight.
Foods that patients with osteoarthritis should avoid:
- Dietary supplements and instant vitamins If wanting to eat, should consult a doctor first. The doctor will diagnose whether the patient lacks any vitamins. And will prescribe to consume the right amount Because some supplements or vitamins are not necessary, have a high price, and if getting too much will be more harmful than useful.
- Salty foods or foods that are high in sodium Avoid cooking with salt, soy sauce, fish sauce, seasoning sauce and eating salty foods, fermented processed foods, including crispy city snacks. Because foods that are high in sodium may result in cells storing too much water until the body edema.
- Sugary foods or foods that contain a lot of sugar Because it may affect the immune response in the body Makes the wound or muscles around the knee more easily inflamed
- White flour, such as bread, rice, pasta, cereal, white rice, may stimulate inflammation of the joints
- Fried foods or foods that are high in saturated fat, in addition to weight gain May increase inflammation Should be avoided, such as fried pork, fried chicken, fried fish ball, fried banana balls, French fries, ice cream cakes.
- Meat cooked with high temperatures for a long time Aside from losing nutritional value Will cause AGEs (Advanced Glycation End Products) that may cause inflammation of the joints
- Alcoholic beverage May stimulate various symptoms Exacerbate And may interact with the medication you are taking Causing the drug to become ineffective and affecting other consequences as follows
- Coffee or caffeinated beverages Because caffeine causes the body to release calcium through the urine. Until it may cause calcium loss in the body If receiving large quantities Regularly may cause thinner bones.