Cinnamon and Benefits
Cinnamon is a spice received from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavoring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savory dishes, breakfast cereals, snackfoods, tea and traditional foods.
Cinnamon is a spice believed to have health benefits such as helping to heal wounds, prevent diarrhea. Has antioxidant activity Anti-inflammatory Or reduce blood sugar levels Because of cinnamon bark contains tannin, which may be a type of antioxidant health benefits. Cinnamon tastes sweet and has a pungent odor. Widely used in Southeast Asia The bark of cinnamon is often ground into a powder or used as a flavoring agent in various products such as toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, cosmetics, and medicines of traditional Chinese medicine.
However, consumers of cinnamon should study the evidence or medical evidence that helps confirm the properties, benefits and safety of cinnamon. Before consuming cinnamon for health benefits or treatment
1. Cinnamon with antioxidant properties
Antioxidants are responsible for combating substance free radicals that can damage cells in the body, many experts believe that free radicals may be factors that cause arteriosclerosis and cancer. An important food source of antioxidants is vegetables and fruits, and cinnamon also contains antioxidants. Studies have shown that Cinnamon has high antioxidant properties. When compared to cloves, oregano and other medicinal plants. In addition, cinnamon extracts are also used as preservatives. Or can also use natural food preservatives
2. Cinnamon with anti-inflammatory properties
Inflammation is a process in which white blood cells protect the body from foreign objects, such as a virus or bacteria infection. There is a belief that eating cinnamon may help against inflammation. Therefore, studies on medicinal plants have shown that flavonoids in cinnamon, such as Gossypin, Hesperidin, Quercetin, have Anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, research has been conducted on human cells To prove the anti-inflammatory properties From the experiment found that Hydroxylsynamide extracted from cinnamon May be used with anti-inflammatory effects Effective in treating or preventing inflammation from neurological diseases And may help reduce the risk of cancerous tumors as well.
3. Cinnamon with the prevention of premature ejaculation
Premature ejaculation is a condition in which a man engages in sexual activity and ejaculates semen too quickly Or shed within a short period after implantation Which may make those who face this problem feel embarrassed And may affect relationships in a marriage. Some scientific evidence shows that The experiment using cream containing cinnamon, Korean ginseng and traditional medicine, applied to the penis for 1 hour and then rinse before sexual activity. May help solve premature ejaculation problems
However, although the study shows the effectiveness of the cream containing cinnamon in the prevention of premature ejaculation. But it was only a study with some group participants In addition, the said cream contains many other ingredients. And some subjects have side effects after use as a slight pain and burning sensation as well. Therefore need to further study in this field To confirm the properties of cinnamon in solving premature ejaculation problems more clearly
4. Cinnamon with diabetes treatment
Controlling blood sugar levels is part of the treatment of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. If there is a high blood sugar level Continuously May cause damage to nerves, blood vessels and various organs in the body. Cinnamon is a herb that is rich in polyphenols. (Polyphenolics) used in Chinese medicine for a long time and is believed to have a positive effect on blood sugar levels. Several studies have shown that Eating cinnamon or cinnamon extract may help lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes and those at risk of developing diabetes.
More than that People with diabetes are at a higher risk of developing cardiovascular disease, heart attack, and stroke than people who are healthy. Although many believe that cinnamon may help treat diabetes, and there are experiments that suggest that eating cinnamon may help lower blood sugar levels. But the study of the effectiveness of cinnamon on the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes is still not enough And need to learn more With emphasis on long-term effectiveness and the potential risks of using cinnamon for diabetes treatment.
The benefit of cinnamon vine
- The root is used as a heart tonic (root).
- The roots have properties that help rejuvenate (roots).
- The root is used to make fragrant medicine. Helps to cure dizziness and wind.
- Treatment of dizzy (root).
- The root is used as a carminative (root).
- Helps to relieve pain in the stomach (root).
- Used as a cure for dysentery.
- The roots are boiled with steam water to cure skin rashes (roots).
How to eat cinnamon safely?
- People who are pregnant Or during lactation Eating foods that contain cinnamon is quite safe. But should not be eaten in large quantities As there is not enough safety information.
- Diabetic patients Should keep checking the blood sugar level And observe the symptoms while eating food containing cinnamon Because cinnamon can cause blood sugar levels to drop and may affect health.
- People who underwent surgery. Stop eating foods containing cinnamon for at least 2 weeks, because cinnamon may affect blood sugar levels. And controlling blood sugar levels both during and after surgery.