Yellow Berried Nightshade or Kantakari (Solanum virginianum L.)
Thai Eggplant, Yellow berried nightshade or Kantakari (Solanum virginianum L.)
Solanum virginianum, also called Surattense nightshade, yellow-fruit nightshade, yellow-berried nightshade, Thai green eggplant, Thai striped eggplant, is also known as Indian night shade or yellow berried night shade plant, the common name is Kantakari, Solanumsurattense Brum.
The properties of eggplant
- In India, boiled water from eggplant fruit is used as a treatment for diabetes. (Effect)
- The effect is used to reduce fever (effect)
- Used as a cure for hot smallpox Poisoning jabber Used as a moisturizer (Not clear which part is used)
- The dried fruit is ground into a powder mixed with honey to be used as a cough syrup. Indian Ayurvedic medicine uses eggplant roots as a treatment for cough (root, effect).
- The root is used to cure bronchial asthma (root).
- Used to cure toothache With the use of 15 grams of root, bring to boil water in the mouth (root).
- Help expel (root)
- Helps with digestion And helps excretion (effect)
- Helps to relieve stomach pain. (Not clear which part is used)
- The medicinal properties of the parasite (effect)
- The root has properties as a diuretic (root).
- Stimulates sexual feelings (effect)
- Used as an anti-inflammatory drug with the use of 15 grams, grass clan horse 15 grams and tree leaves. Bring it to boil together with eating water (root) .
Fresh leaves are used externally to lower the body against poison pus abscess (fresh leaves).
- Reduces inflammation (effect)
- Helps to relieve pain, swelling, back pain, bruises and dizziness (not clearly indicated which part to use)
- Used as a medicine to help expel the moist air. Relieve joint pain due to moist winds attached. Solve arthritis, hands, feet, tea with the use of fresh fruit, about 70-100 grams, to be stewed with pork kidneys eaten (effect)
Pharmacological information of Thai eggplant
- Capresterol, Diosgenin, Solanine, Solanines, Solasonine, Solacarpine were found and a few other oils were found. With various alkaloids such as whole, found calcium, iron, magnesium chloride etc.
- In India, whole eggplant extracts have been extracted and extracted from alkaloids for the treatment of fever, fever, coughing and heart disease, found that the substance has a stimulating effect, causing the heart to contract more strongly. But using too much of the amount will cause compression of the heart.
- From international research during the year 1967-1995: Eggplant fruit has the effect of reducing the compression of smooth muscles, nourishing the heart, lowering blood pressure. And against cancer
- Eggplant is a substance that contains glycosides, alkaloids, Solmar, Chinese Solasine and Alkaloids Solosodine without sugar molecules. From the anti-cancer activity of these substances, it was found that All substances have anti-growth effects of colon cancer cells and liver cancer.
- From research in the state of Odisha In india Have experimented with the water extract of the eggplant to reduce the blood sugar level of Alzheimer’s diabetic rats
- The results of the experiment showed that The extract has a hypoglycemic effect comparable to the use of hard benzene clamide. (Glibenclamide) and there are additional tests that found This extract acts similar to insulin. By enhancing the use of glucose effectively and having a positive effect on pancreatic function 
- Solasodine is used as a precursor to the synthesis of steroids, cortisone and sex hormones.
- From the toxicity test Found that the water extract of the eggplant is not toxic to animals in any way.
Benefits of eggplant
- In our home, eat green eggplant fruit. Both eat raw and dip with chili paste Or put into wild curry, red curry and others.
- Eggplant is rich in many vitamins and minerals. The nutritional value of eggplant per 100 grams consists of 39 kilo calories of energy, protein 1.6 grams, fat 0.5 grams, carbohydrates 7.1 grams, water 90.2 grams, total vitamin 143 RE., Vitamin B1 0.11 milligrams, vitamin B 2 0.06 mg, Vitamin B3 0.6 mg, Vitamin C 24 mg, Calcium 7 mg, 0.8 mg iron, 10 mg phosphorus
- Eating eggplant regularly can help fight cancer, nourish the heart, reduce blood pressure. Help relieve symptoms of diabetes
- Eggplant is helping to reduce blood cholesterol levels. And helps kill bacteria
- Eggplant is useful for the pancreas. Because the liver is strong and working efficiently.