Cranberry is organized in the family ERICACEAE.
Cranberry is classified as a berry fruit family. Look like ivy Growing popular for commercial benefits in America. Cranberries are bright red fruits. Has a sweet and sour taste.
The properties of cranberries
- Helps to prevent gum disease
- Helps to heal wounds in the abdomen
- Helps to treat cystitis. Urinary tract infection Infection in the urethra Eliminating urinary odor (Some say it can be used to relieve urinary incontinence as well.)
- Helps to treat and prevent disease from bacteria. The research of Harvard University states that Drinking 30 ml of cranberry juice a day will help reduce the amount of bacteria in the urine. And can prevent bacterial infections in the bladder well Because this fruit has a bactericidal effect
- Helps to inhibit E.coli bacteria. It has been reported that women who are continuously receiving cranberry extract Will significantly inhibit the adhesion of E. coli (p <0.0001) compared to women who do not receive cranberry extract
With a mild acidity of cranberries Therefore, it can help prevent and treat kidney stones. Drinking 500 milligrams of cranberry juice and drinking 1,500 milliliters of sugar can help prevent precipitation of Calcium oxalate, which is an important cause of kidney stones. Was significant As compared to drinking only water.
- Helps the body to return to normalcy after seizures occur.
Benefits of cranberries
- Cranberry is a fruit that is sour and sweet. Can be consumed in the form of fresh fruit, dried fruit, squeezed juice or can be made into fruit smoothies. By putting 1 medium sized orange, 1/2 grapefruit, squeezing only water into a blender Then add 2 handful of cranberry and 1 banana. Blend until combined and then drink to help make the body feel refreshed.
- Cranberry is rich in antioxidants. High in vitamin C. and also contains phytochemicals that act as antioxidants such as Catechins, Quinic acid, Hippuric acid, Proanthocyanidins, Triterpenoids, and Tannin, which have overall health benefits. Because cranberries are high in vitamin C. Therefore helping to strengthen the immune system for the body And helps prevent illnesses that come with cold weather as well.
- Helps to prevent cancer and prevent cell mutations in the body. There are many medical reports about consumption of cranberries that can help reduce the growth of breast cancer cells, lung cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, gland cancer. Tate and many others  by the flavonoid compounds. (Proanthocyanidins) will induce the death of cancer cells. Which the study found that the substance Proanthocyanidins Can inhibit the growth mechanism of prostate cancer cells with many mechanisms and is found to be a good bloodstream that can be developed as an anti-cancer drug and is also effective in destroying ovarian cancer cells by Proanthocyanidins. Will induce the cancer cells to die Or when combined with ovarian cancer medication Will help to strengthen the drug’s ability to reduce the spread of cancer cells. Eating cranberry can help reduce the growth of breast cancer cells in experimental animals. Proanthocyanidins Found in cranberries can cause cancer gene changes and lead to lung cancer death.
- Proanthocyanidins Cranberry has antioxidant properties that help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Cranberries contain antioxidants in the flavonoid group. (Anthocyanin, Flavonoids, Proanthocyanidins), where Flavonoids wrinkle the bad lipid oxidation reaction (LDL) to prevent Oxidized LDL, which is the cause of atherosclerosis and thrombosis.
- Reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood that is harmful to the body. Cranberry antioxidants can induce bad cholesterol (LDL) receptors in the liver to work. Resulting in increased excretion of bad fats from the circulatory system and increase the introduction of cholesterol into the liver cells to be excreted Thereby helping to reduce cholesterol. Eating cranberries on a regular basis can help fight chronic illness in the brain.
Stimulates blood circulation
Cranberry is rich in CranberryLutein and Zeaxanthin (Lutein & Zeaxanthin), which are useful in helping to slow down the degeneration of the retina. Helps to prevent radiation from harmful sunlight in the eyes. Helps protect the cells of the retina from damage Helps filter blue light that destroys the eyes And helps reduce the incidence of cluster clusters And macular degeneration.
Proanthocyanidins Derived from concentrated cranberry juice Can reduce inflammation-induced gingival fibroblasts, such as interieukin (IL-6, IL-8) and PGE (2) in periodontitis. Resulting in being able to help reduce the inflammatory process Which is a good quality That can be developed as a substance to help treat periodontitis (Perlodontitis) further
Cranberry juice contains high molecular weight non-dialyzable material that can inhibit the adhesion and integration of many types of oral bacteria that cause oral diseases. Plaque formation And microbes on the tooth surface And also helps to reduce tooth decay And can prevent gingivitis as well.
Drinking 250 ml of cranberry juice per day in combination with receiving gastric disinfectants Can increase the rate of sterilization in women with Helicobacter pylori, which is found in the stomach.
Cranberry is a natural fruit that can best prevent and fight against cystitis and urinary tract infections. Cranberry is officially listed in the US Pharmacopeia as a drug that effectively treats these problems. (But there are still arguments from a few scholars that Cranberry makes urine acidic. Therefore causing the bacteria that cause the infection to die Or just prevent bacteria from attaching to the walls of the bladder). People who suffer from this disease if they drink concentrated cranberry juice (Without sugar) 300 ml per day. Every day will help prevent this disease again. The study of women of reproductive age and the treatment of urinary tract infections. Found that cranberries can reduce the infection rate up to 50%. In addition, cranberries can also help prevent the attachment of bacteria to the tissues in the body. For this reason, this fruit is used to treat urinary tract infections. Cystitis Gastric ulcer Including the formation of plaque on the tooth surface.
Taking 500 mg cranberry extract compared to Trimethoprim for the prevention of recurrence of urinary tract infections. Found that cranberry extract can be prevented However, it is less effective than Trimethoprim. However, patients are more accepting of cranberry extract than Trimethoprim because cranberry is a natural extract that has lower side effects in causing drug resistance and the occurrence of fungal infections and Clostridium difucile duplication. They are also cheaper. The vitamin C in cranberries helps to moisturize your skin and improve your health. And also helps to strengthen and restore collagen.
Cranberries can be made into lip balm. In order to prevent dry lips during the long season By using 10 cranberries mixed with 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil, 1 teaspoon honey honey and 1 drop of vitamin E oil. Bring to a boil. Then bring the mixture to grind through a sieve Finished and left to cool. Then applied to the mouth when the mouth is dry (Information from the jar)
Cranberry-related products are currently available in a variety of forms, including dried cranberry juice, sauces, jams, yogurt, nutritional supplements in both brewed and capsule form. And the most important is Cranberry fruit is not a medicine. But is a natural product Can be eaten without any side effects, which in the medical community are widely accepted that cranberries, whether in the form of fresh fruit juice Both capsules and capsules are effective in treating and preventing bladder disease. And the female internal organs of the abdomen That often experience problems with internal inflammation and urinary incontinence When eating continuously, the results are better.