Laksa is famous food in Singapore and Laksa is similar to tom yum noodles with coconut milk. Make the flavor rich Similar to Thai Khao Soi Luxa has a mixture of dried shrimp, chilli, boiled shrimp and scallop, perfect for those who like to eat seafood. However, Luxa has both coconut milk and without coconut milk, but the type that is more popular.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 4 Shallots
- 4 Garlic
- 2 slices Ginger
- 1 handful Curry Leaves optional
- 2 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Water
- 2 servings Vermicelli
- Tofu Puffs or Pan Fried Tofu Strips to serve
- Chili Oil to serve
- In a heated pan with 1 tablespoon oil, sauté shallots, garlic, and ginger mixture until fragrant. Stir in curry paste and add broth along with turmeric powder, sugar, curry leaves and tofu puffs. Mix until well combined.
- Turn heat up and boil for 2 minutes, then, lower heat, simmer for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, cook your preferred vegetable toppings and vermicelli. Set aside.
To get a thinner soup texture, pour soup (except curry leaves) in a blender and blend until fine. Season soup and add coconut milk.
- Place cooked vermicelli in a bowl, ladle soup over and top with above ingredients with a swirl of oil. Serve warm.