This temple was built since 381 (around 1,638 years). Wat Phra That Chom Kitti (พระธาตุจอมกิตติ) located at northern part around Chiang Saen sub-district, Chiang Rai of Thailand.
According to the chronic the temple established to enshrine the Buddha hair on the top of Doi Noi hill. Later in 1487 A.D., Muen Chiang Song who a ruler of Chiangsaen had Chedi called Chomkitti (his name). Chedi Chomkitti was build in the form of high chamber with a niche on each of its four sides and bell. There is a courtyard surrounded by a boundary wall with a staircase on the eastern side. From the artistic style that the temple is assumed to have been constructed during the 16th century A.D. Information from the temple record.
This temple and construction is oldest but some of them been rebuilt when had earthquake around 6.3 in Chiang Rai and the stupa and wall were cracked.
Near by the temple also have Wat Chom Chaeng Temple that been built in this area but not that older than Phra That Chom Kitti. This temple established since 1487 (more than 500 years).