What is Celecoxib?
Celecoxib is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs) that works by suppressing inflammation and pain in the body caused by diseases and conditions such as menstrual pain. Osteoarthritis Rheumatoid arthritis, for example, can be used in both adults and children aged 2 years and over. Therefore, should always consult a doctor before using any medication.
Drug class – nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Drug type – prescription drugs
Properties – for treating inflammation and pain, Group of adult patients and children aged 2 years and over.
Dosage form – oral drug, capsule
Celecoxib is used to treat a variety of conditions. Can be eaten before or after meals. Dosage and dosage vary depending on the patient’s age, body weight, and symptoms. With an example of drug use and details as follows:
- Pain relief Or menstrual pain, the first adult takes a dose of 400 mg if symptoms do not subside. To take again, 200 mg on the first day. After that, if symptoms persist Give a dose of 200 mg twice a day.
- Osteoarthritis: Adults take a dose of 200 mg 1-2 times a day.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis First time adults take 200 mg dose 1-2 times a day after 6 weeks of using the drug, increase the dose to a maximum of 400 mg per day.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Adults take a dose of 100-200 mg twice a day.
- Children aged 2 years and over and weighing less than 25 kg usually take 50 mg twice a day.
- Children aged 2 years and over and weighing more than 25 kg usually take 100 mg twice a day.
Use of Celecoxib
- If the capsule cannot be swallowed May use the method to open the capsule, pour the medicine into a spoon Mix it with syrup and eat. Ready to drink a glass of water, the drug should be taken immediately or not more than 6 hours after mixing or pouring the drug from the capsule
- If forgetting to take the medicine at the time prescribed by your doctor When remembered Eat immediately If you forget to take the pill near the next meal Take the drug at the usual time and size. No need to increase the dose to replace the missing meal.
- The drug should be stored at room temperature or about 25 degrees Celsius, should not be stored in a place subject to heat, humidity, should not be exposed to direct light. Keep out of reach of children. And should not use expired drugs or drugs that have been stored for a long time.
Side Effects of Using Celecoxib
Celecoxib can cause side effects while using this medicine, such as stomach pain, indigestion, bloating, gas in the stomach, diarrhea, swelling of the hands or feet. Dizziness, stuffiness, nasal congestion, sneezing, sore throat, etc. should stop taking the drug and seek immediate medical attention. And may experience other symptoms as follows:
- An allergic reaction to this drug such as sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, trouble breathing, rash, itching, swelling of your face, fingers, or feet.
- Symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, such as trouble breathing, chest pain, spreading to the jaw, shoulder feeling, numbness or weakness in the sides of the body, slurred speech.
- Symptoms of stomach bleeding, such as bloody or black stools Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Problematic liver symptoms such as nausea, abdominal pain, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine. The stool is clay-like color. Yellow skin or eyes
- Symptoms of anemia such as pale skin, dizziness, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, decreased concentration of attention.
- Symptoms of a severe skin reaction, such as fever, sore throat, swelling of your face or tongue. A burning sensation in the eyes, a burning sensation of the skin, a red, itchy rash on the face and upper body